For the past 47 years, Update Internationals been providing practical, in-depth machinery vibration analysis and control training to most every major industrial company throughout N. America and in over 50 countries worldwide. While focusing on practical, in-depth literacy, we observed that the typical instrument manufacturers have offered many high end systems that are often filled with rarely used features that simply drive up the learning curve and add to their substantial cost. With very limited alternatives, the high cost of entry into the world of condition monitoring and analysis of rotating assets has been typically limited to large scale operations and those with large high-speed, costly machines. The powerful yet low cost DT6 changes all that!
Update International’s new DT6 is a low cost, yet extremely powerful instrument that collects, processes, displays and even analyses machinery vibration. The extremely easy to use design simultaneously captures a full 6 channels of phase synchronized raw data, then processes the displays in Time, Frequency and Phase. Designed to be used by anyone, the technically advanced features ensure that high resolution, complete and accurate data is available at any time to analysts, managers and even Crafts/mechanics.
Now, for the first time, a powerful yet low cost vibration analyzer can be made available to those who are not necessarily on the vibration team. Small plants & facilities, different departments of large ones, mechanical trade people, consultants & service providers etc. can now have access to a simple, extremely low cost and technically advanced analyzer that automatically includes the powerful information contained in phase.
The phase component of vibration is not commonly used because it is often difficult to acquire and frequently is not understood. That is why we built in the necessary acquisition and signal processing requirements to make it as simple as possible. To make things even easier, we have encapsulated the reasoning logic of relative phase analysis and present the results in an Analysis Support system that helps you see what the data is telling you, providing unparalleled confidence in your conclusions and recommended actions. It’s like having a vibration analyst’s 2nd opinion in your back pocket! Fear of vibration analysis should no longer be an excuse that prevents enjoying the rich rewards from its powerful cost saving advantages.
The DT6 keeps its costs down by effectively taking advantage of lower cost yet powerful technology like that of the common PC. The 6 channels of phase synchronized raw data are collected, processed and passed along to any Windows PC via a single USB. The mil spec 810 Tablet PC (optional) with touch screen action makes it easy to use in the plant.
Extremely easy to use
- Place one sensor on each end of your machine (directly in line the bearings) and simply press one button to collect two sets of phase synchronized triaxial vibration data. Issues such as setup, frequency Fmin and Fmax, lines of resolution, settling time, temperature etc. are handled automatically, enabling anyone to easily get quality readings.
- Results can be viewed in time/frequency/phase analysis panels. The raw data format of a reading allows for infinite signal processing with no harm to the file.
- Anyone can collect high quality, high resolution raw data as the sensors not only have millisecond settling times and are not affected by temperature.
- Advanced technology contained in the sensors enable them to be smart enough to know how they are being mounted relative to gravity and make automatic corrections, thus avoiding misleading readings from incorrect mounting.
- Intelligent ‘Phase Synchronizing’ signal processing enables easy acquisition of phase data over several units with the convenience of being able to acquire the readings in any order and from multiple angles.